Last summer I had the privilege of once again seeing Tony Robbins live in Toronto. As expected, it was an exceptional couple of hours. In addition to what he teaches and shares, his energy, presence and delivery of information is for me at least so incredibly inspiring and impactful.
Tony shares so many insights about what it takes to live an extraordinary life, something I believe we all want, regardless of what extraordinary means for each of us individually so I wanted to share some of those with you.
As you read this blog, please keep in mind this is my personal understanding and interpretation of what he said.
1. A Clear Vision
First, you need to have a very clear vision of what you want and why you want it and you also need to ensure that your vision is in alignment with your core values and beliefs. And you also need to be honest and aware of where you currently are in relation to where you want to be before you get started.
And then on your journey to living an extraordinary life, Tony explains how you need to master both the science of achievement and the art of fulfillment.
2. Master the Science of Achievement
To master the science of achievement, which is essentially producing a result you need to execute, you need to take intentional action. How do you do this?
Think back to any dream you’ve achieved and consider what it took to make it happen. As you look back with hindsight, I’m sure you will see that all of the following were in that equation of you achieving the success you wanted.
- You were completely focused and clear about what you wanted to achieve and you poured your thoughts, feelings and energy into it.
- You took massive action towards making it happen. If things didn’t go according to plan, you looked for alternative strategies but you kept trying and trying until you achieved effective execution. Tony emphasizes that the way to reduce the time and learning curve of achieving something you want is to model others who have already successfully done it and/or to work with a coach or mentor who can provide strategies and tools that you most likely aren’t aware of – after all, you don’t know what you don’t know. And of course, always remember to monitor and record your results because what does not get measured does not change.
- Finally, you went through this process with grace – meaning that you acknowledged that there was also something outside of you guiding everything that happened along the way to allow you to end up where you did and achieve the goal you had.
3. Master the Art of Fulfillment
In order to do this there are two things that must happen:
- You need to GROW! You need to make progress, not matter how big or small because as Tony says, when you make progress you feel a sense of happiness and fulfillment.
- You need to GIVE, to contribute to the world in some way.
The huge lesson here is that “fulfillment is where life lives”. When you just achieve something and there is no fulfillment, there is no real success because at the end of the day it is not about what you get or do in life but who you become in the process.
Other factors that cannot be dismissed of course include your psychology and the quality of your thought and decisions, your emotions and your energy – all of which have a huge impact on the direction your life travels in. These can never be ignored.
So how many of these areas do you have handled? Do you have a meaningful vision? Are you focused and clear about it? Do you have a proven strategy and support to accomplish it? Can you be unattached in the process of moving towards your goal and realize that any challenges and obstacles are happening for you and not to you? Are you growing as a person in the process and are you giving back in some way to the world?
If you want to give yourself the best chance of achieving your next dream and living an extraordinary life, it may well be worth your time to honestly answer these questions before you set out and take action.
More from Lauren Jawno on OWL TV...
SHARE THE WISDOM...
ABOUT THE COACH
Lauren Jawno is one of less than 300 elite internationally Certified High Performance Coaches™ in the world.
She's built a thriving practice around living a whole and high performance life – based on relevant, cutting-edge research and information. I love to coach my clients to success, to achieve the life they truly want, through programs which not only match their goals and personalities but also educate and empower them to reach their highest potential, to be high performers.
A highly sought after keynote speaker for hundreds of public and private events across North America and the UK, Lauren is also the author of Change4Good - The Ten Essentials for Food, Fitness and the Good Life