By Maria Flynn
Setting boundaries is an important spiritual practice … and that doesn’t mean just face-to-face interaction. Adjusting your Facebook newsfeed to show you news and events that support who you are and where you want to go is imperative in this age of social media. Dare I say…your well-being depends on your ability to manage the flow of information your brain receives daily from social media? Only you have the power to nourish your mind…and that includes the information from your Facebook newsfeed.
I’ve compiled a list of my favorite top 10 Facebook pages for you to review that’ll surely keep you inspired, motivated and mentally nurtured. Give them a LIKE and be sure to check off the box for “get notifications.” As for the posts from your “friends” that turn you off…just hide them! Don’t worry you’re not un-friending anyone by doing so. You can still be “friends” but you can avoid the daily mental mush that may be dampening your vitality.
Below are my personal favorite sites covering all areas of life. Now…on with the list!
1. One Wise Life – Created by yours truly to help you tap IN and turn ON your inner wisdom and create the life you LOVE. I design and create daily posters with inspired messages that have come through in my meditation. I believe that everyone can ignite their intuition thereby opening up the gateway to wisdom and a knowingness helping you thrive in life.
2. Steven Aitchison – Change Your Thoughts created by Steven Aitchison helps millions of people around the world to better themselves in any way they can. Steve's page is one to follow if you aren't doing so already...
3. Advanced Life Skills from life coach Jonathan Wells, a valuable resource for anyone interested in proven, time tested strategies for creating positive change in your life.
4. Power of Positivity. I've been following Kristen and Christopher Butler for many years. Their team provides daily inspiration and motivation to keep you going. Power of Positivity celebrates the lifestyle of positive thinking and attitude.
5. Karen Salmonsohn. is a writer best known for creating “self help for people never be caught dead reading self help.” I've only recently started following Karen's page...glad I happened upon this one! Her mission is to boost your joy and intuition (right up my alley).
6. Randy Gage Fan Club Page. Author, Randy Gage is an American self-development expert who believes you were born to be rich and want to be inspired. Randy specializes in the area of manifesting success and prosperity. Randy also shares his Periscope recordings...and they rock!
7. Womenworking.com is a worldwide community of working women committed to supporting you to take your career and your life to the next level. Another new Facebook page I recently discovered...and SO HAPPY I DID! Womenworking.com is not afraid to put it all out there...and their posts hit the mark each day.
8. Chalene Johnson. Chalene is an author, speaker and fit life professional. Chalene believes that relationships are more important than any number on a scale. Her approach to diet and lifestyle is genuinely authentic (I love her videos and exercise tips).
9. David Wolfe. With over 2.3 million followers, Internationally renowned orator, David Wolfe's passion is health and well-being. David’s motto, “Now is the best time to experience the best health ever. We are the luckiest, most fortunate, most abundant people alive. Let’s start really living.”
10. The Burned Hand. J.R.R. Tolkien once said that "The burned hand teaches best." This Facebook page was created based off of Aimee Halpin's blog. Aimee's mission is to provide a positive outlook even when things in the world want to go another direction. Excellent page...with beautiful graphics.
...and here's a bonus:
11. Steve Maraboli. Speaker and best-selling author, and behavioral scientist, Dr. Steve Maraboli's daily quotes and social philosophies are published throughout the world in over 25 languages. I have found Dr. Maraboli's daily posts to not only inspire me...but empower me.
Truly, this list could have easily been 20 or more. There are some really great movers and shakers out there wanting to bring inspiration to you. I kept this list to the top 10 I look for each time I log in to Facebook.
Do we have any pages we like in common? OR...better yet, share some of your favorite pages on the comments below and let's help each other nourish our minds.